Page 1 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

TM
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,122

01 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

- You always defend a lack of efficiency in resource management.

- You wear a Che Guevara T-shirt to a peace rally/Anti-violence protest.

- You think freedom of expression is only allowed for people you agree with.

- You buy free-trade coffee but still use cocaine and/or marijuana.

- You insist that communism could work if only the whole world was swallowed up in the fervor of the revolution.

- You are completely in favor of self-determination, so long as people don't step on your toes.

- You insist on gun control because nobody was ever killed before guns existed.

- You are convinced that all rich people are morally bankrupt and all poor people are saints.

- You are a moral relativist.

- You are completely against prejudice, except for rich people, poor people, women, white men and minorities.



Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,022
Location: in my own little tamarillo jungle,

01 Oct 2012, 11:49 am

this highlights your prejudices as well as those of your "targets"

and before you start, i barely think anyone that takes the current political left/right system seriously is borderline moronic.


_________________
//through chaos comes complexity//

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.


Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,036

01 Oct 2012, 11:54 am

You would indeed be a moron.
But, other factors > efficiency, and Che Guevara T-shirt, well, you shouldn't have to be that politically correct, it just looks cool to people.

- You are completely in favor of self-determination, so long as people don't step on your toes.
I didn't understand this so much.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,331
Location: Aux Arcs

01 Oct 2012, 11:59 am

You have some good points there,especially the free trade coffee and cartel controlled substances.All the coke and imported weed are soaked in the blood of victims.How can people be for animal rights and then rail a couple of lines of coke that was smuggled inside an animal, or a human that was then killed to retrieve the drugs in them.Or people who are against logging ( don't get me wrong,I hate clear cuts ) but they do ecstasy and have no idea that huge trees are butchered in Asia to produce it..Great show on this on Current t.v called " Forests of Ecstasy".There's no shortage of hypocrisy,left or right.



enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 866

01 Oct 2012, 12:05 pm

Normally, these lists are supposed to be self-deprecatory and funny. Yours is neither.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

01 Oct 2012, 12:15 pm

This topic has been started before.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt173390.html

It would be better form simply to add on to this one, since a lot of the ground will have already been covered.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,546
Location: Stendec

01 Oct 2012, 12:24 pm

You may be a left-wing liberal extremist if...

... You say that you are open-minded enough listen to opposing opinions, and then you're shocked and offended to find out that opposing opinions actually exist.

... You are so obsessed with your own liberal individualism that you do not have time to think about a world larger than yourself.

... You believe that no criminal can be at fault for his or her actions because they've all been driven to madness by right-wing conservative oppression.

... You assume that anyone who doesn't believe in your solutions to social problems doesn't really care about the people that you want them to help.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


Last edited by Fnord on 01 Oct 2012, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,181
Location: Montreal

01 Oct 2012, 12:25 pm

The best part about these kinds of threads is that it is usually fairly accurate what people have to say about right wing nutjobs but when it comes to their retorts about left wing people it is more a glimpse into their minds than into any semblance of reality


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,546
Location: Stendec

01 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

I've noticed that a nutjob is a nutjob, not matter which end of the spectrum they're on.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,754
Location: Sean Penn, Cambodia

01 Oct 2012, 12:40 pm

Now that there's an equivalent to that right wing nutjob thread, it's a problem all the sudden.



enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 866

01 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

Vigilans wrote:
The best part about these kinds of threads is that it is usually fairly accurate what people have to say about right wing nutjobs but when it comes to their retorts about left wing people it is more a glimpse into their minds than into any semblance of reality

That is the point of view of the left, of course.

AceOfSpades wrote:
Now that there's an equivalent to that right wing nutjob thread, it's a problem all the sudden.

I didn't know there was one. I just saw it, actually. I only read threads that have just started.

However, the other one seems to have been started as a funny thread.



GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,418

01 Oct 2012, 1:11 pm

Vigilans wrote:
The best part about these kinds of threads is that it is usually fairly accurate what people have to say about right wing nutjobs but when it comes to their retorts about left wing people it is more a glimpse into their minds than into any semblance of reality


Can you elaborate?



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,181
Location: Montreal

01 Oct 2012, 1:13 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
The best part about these kinds of threads is that it is usually fairly accurate what people have to say about right wing nutjobs but when it comes to their retorts about left wing people it is more a glimpse into their minds than into any semblance of reality


Can you elaborate?


Yes, I could


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,418

01 Oct 2012, 1:17 pm

Vigilans wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
The best part about these kinds of threads is that it is usually fairly accurate what people have to say about right wing nutjobs but when it comes to their retorts about left wing people it is more a glimpse into their minds than into any semblance of reality


Can you elaborate?


Yes, I could


OK, I deserved that. Well played.

Would you kindly elaborate?



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,181
Location: Montreal

01 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
The best part about these kinds of threads is that it is usually fairly accurate what people have to say about right wing nutjobs but when it comes to their retorts about left wing people it is more a glimpse into their minds than into any semblance of reality


Can you elaborate?


Yes, I could


OK, I deserved that. Well played.

Would you kindly elaborate?


It seems pretty straightforward to me... Especially since most of the stereotypes mentioned in the right wing nutjob thread are universally despised by moderates right and left. Most of the ones brought up against left leaning people are not nearly as relevant or sometimes simply the fabrication of various news organizations (Fox?). The original retort to that thread was started by Raptard which pretty much makes it self explanatory


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,036

01 Oct 2012, 1:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
You may be a left-wing liberal extremist if...

... You say that you are open-minded enough listen to opposing opinions, and then you're shocked and offended to find out that opposing opinions actually exist.

... You are so obsessed with your own liberal individualism that you do not have time to think about a world larger than yourself.

... You believe that no criminal can be at fault for his or her actions because they've all been driven to madness by right-wing conservative oppression.

... You assume that anyone who doesn't believe in your solutions to social problems doesn't really care about the people that you want them to help.


I didn't know that I was an extremist. That is kind of cool, though. Third point is slightly incorrect in my case.