Dont hate the player or the game. (pua hate)

Page 1 of 8 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,971
Location: Kent, England

11 Oct 2012, 5:37 am

I think what the latest events have revealed is why do methods work some and not others. Its a matter of having a positive attitude instead of being negative, women can smell negativity, passive aggressiveness and false confidence from a mile away. What i'm saying to all the new members is to read their threads but try to take what they say with a pinch of salt as you don't want to end up bitter.

There are haters on here that will criticize every word you say but ask yourselves this, who will be happy in the long run? Them sitting in their basements and trying to hate or you, getting action because you followed the advice. If you are using methods that others don't see as right, screw them, you don't have to live your life to the morality our conscience of someone else. Define yourself today and take real action towards what you want to achieve where it involves pick up artist advice or not.

To the haters, you know who you are: think before you type next time, think about how your words are going to contribute or help anyone.



spongy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,180
Location: Patiently waiting for the seventh wave

11 Oct 2012, 6:23 am

I think its very simple.

-Would you like to be seduced under certain pretenses that turn out to be false?
-Would you like to find out that someone makes you think that you are special only to disappear of your life after one encounter?

Sadly both of this things happen to be based on the main premises of the game(creating a fake persona/ becoming a womanizer) since I wouldnt be happy with either of those things happening to me I do hate the game and the players.

I dont however hate those that try to have a look at PUA with an open mind and learn to avoid making some of their mistakes without taking PUA too seriously because instead of trying to hide their flaws they are trying to work on them. Thats a huge difference imo.



Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,053
Location: Where two great rivers meet

11 Oct 2012, 6:30 am

Some PUA advice is very useful, and the one I followed back in the day was morally sound, not based on deception. There is good stuff out there.

And there is nasty stuff too, so got to be careful.


_________________
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. - Winston Churchill


Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,181
Location: the place I'm from doesn't exist anymore

11 Oct 2012, 6:47 am

I don't think that many open minded folks are going to hate on either the player or the game.

What I think some of them do take issue with is how those tools are used - and particularly the mindset and intentions behind what many of them are designed to do. Most of them you can use in a more positive way and most can also be used in a more negative way.

I get the impression that those who use them the negative way tend to get noticed more, and hence the hate.
But there is a viable difference between legitimately pointing out certain things that are true which might not be positive and hating on them.


_________________
Diagnostic Tools and Resources for Women with AS: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt211004.html


thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,271

11 Oct 2012, 8:42 am

Shatbat wrote:
Some PUA advice is very useful, and the one I followed back in the day was morally sound, not based on deception. There is good stuff out there.

And there is nasty stuff too, so got to be careful.


A lot of it is how you use it too.



Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,053
Location: Where two great rivers meet

11 Oct 2012, 9:28 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Shatbat wrote:
Some PUA advice is very useful, and the one I followed back in the day was morally sound, not based on deception. There is good stuff out there.

And there is nasty stuff too, so got to be careful.


A lot of it is how you use it too.


Indeed. The thing is, many of these guys don't limit themselves to techniques or tools, they also teach the mindset behind what they do; some of these mindsets come from hate, bitterness or disdain towards women, with the intent of using them, and some of that can rub on the guys reading it. as it was the case with a friend. And coming from that negative mindset, those tools will be used negatively as well, as Kjas said.

And then there is the unambiguously evil stuff that works, involving emotional manipulation of vulnerable women.


_________________
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. - Winston Churchill


MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,072
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

11 Oct 2012, 9:30 am

Because you couldnt get it into your head last thread.
1- ibefore you knew anything about this place, we had already gone through quite the debate about pua. Youve not seen pua hate around here at all. i mean threads named "pick up assholes" meant at making them look like if they really were that bad and powerful as they claim to be.

2- methods that do work, are because its a numbers game. Things like bs challenges to approach 50 girls a night are done for that reason. Your so called "abilities" to get some are just a numbers field. play with a big enough deck and youre bound to find more. It doesnt hurt living in one of the cities known around the world for its takes on sexuality. Meaning theres more people willing to freely engage in it.

3- what does your profile have anything to do with pua? it looks like another stereotypical dbag. and you obviously know ive seen it. Its a collection of bad phrases (making some abusive as*hole seem like someone out of the teletubies. because one thing girls love is abusive assholes). At the very least have something for which to actually stand on, to look like a person. guess what, I also get messages weekly out of this profile
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=41154185
ive done actual experiments on this, ive reinforced my conclusion that a profile is made to target either the relationship based or sex based crowds. Its not important what you say or do so much as making it more clear which side you go after.

4- its not that women can smell negativity. because someone good at acting can literally exude confidence and positivity and not actually have it. Its about determination. Its about having a goal and going for it no matter who or what wants to stop you. (going back to numbers game and not getting psyched out about rejection).

5- its silly to think some methods made up by madmen are the guide on how to go through it. Did you even bother to read the game? The only chances they had at women were not their so called tactics and methods. but being at the right place (big nightclub), and in being so full of your own s**t you cant do more than having people wonder if youre for real. And most importantly, having a set routine on how to go after a girl isnt impressive to them. Now if you can interest them with an engaging conversation you can get to still find how into you she is without resorting to parlor tricks.



Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,053
Location: Where two great rivers meet

11 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

Guess I'll have to chim in and say that The Game, Neil Strauss, is just a small part of it, and the reviews from sources I could trust were so bad I didn't even bother reading it (altough I probably should just to make sure of it. In fact... it might even be fun. In fact... *google*)

Routines are useful; I've got a rough one of how should I answer certain common questions in a way that makes the conversation go forward when talking with either gender, without them my AS would make it impossible to small-talk unless I'm in a really good mood or with a compatible person (and even then, it is necessary to get to the point you know you're compatible with someone, in fact my routines last for five minutes tops, where I'm either in an engaging conversation, or moving on)


also, small question: Your profile has little information. Is there more that can only be seen by signing in, or does it actually work that way?


_________________
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. - Winston Churchill


Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,181
Location: the place I'm from doesn't exist anymore

11 Oct 2012, 10:01 am

Shatbat wrote:
Guess I'll have to chim in and say that The Game, Neil Strauss, is just a small part of it, and the reviews from sources I could trust were so bad I didn't even bother reading it (altough I probably should just to make sure of it. In fact... it might even be fun. In fact... *google*)

Routines are useful; I've got a rough one of how should I answer certain common questions in a way that makes the conversation go forward when talking with either gender, without them my AS would make it impossible to small-talk unless I'm in a really good mood or with a compatible person (and even then, it is necessary to get to the point you know you're compatible with someone, in fact my routines last for five minutes tops, where I'm either in an engaging conversation, or moving on)

also, small question: Your profile has little information. Is there more that can only be seen by signing in, or does it actually work that way?


Based on personal experience I highly doubt the 5 minute thing is accurate - nor was it routine or scripted. :razz:

*waits for him to work out the point in the last line of his own post*


_________________
Diagnostic Tools and Resources for Women with AS: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt211004.html


Last edited by Kjas on 11 Oct 2012, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,072
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

11 Oct 2012, 10:04 am

Shatbat wrote:
Guess I'll have to chim in and say that The Game, Neil Strauss, is just a small part of it, and the reviews from sources I could trust were so bad I didn't even bother reading it (altough I probably should just to make sure of it. In fact... it might even be fun. In fact... *google*)

Routines are useful; I've got a rough one of how should I answer certain common questions in a way that makes the conversation go forward when talking with either gender, without them my AS would make it impossible to small-talk unless I'm in a really good mood or with a compatible person (and even then, it is necessary to get to the point you know you're compatible with someone, in fact my routines last for five minutes tops, where I'm either in an engaging conversation, or moving on)


also, small question: Your profile has little information. Is there more that can only be seen by signing in, or does it actually work that way?


I have it on audiobook if youd want that. its honestly silly to think people praise that book and that work. from trying to hit on a nurse in a psych ward from going suicidal (which he still b*****s daily about on his skype) to ending up being controlled by a group of women who used something that has been proven to be better at controlling people. boobs



Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,971
Location: Kent, England

11 Oct 2012, 10:15 am

For anyone interested in seeing the full version of my profile, here it is, it is now set to public:
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/zonemodel

The other profile is the one of my plenty of fish account and that's the point, you aren't meant to use many fancy adverbs or adjectives to describe your profile without expressing the quality otherwise you will just look like the tons of other guys who try to make themselves sound impressive.

Routines are good as a template but you should really learn to improvise and adapt to the dynamic and changing social situation. It's not meant to be used as a method but simply a guideline to go by.

As I have said before, the only pick up book I have written is the one by Richard La Ruina, I have never read a book by Neil Strauss, Mystery or anyone who might be related in their circle.

If it works, it works, sure, there's nothing overly skilled about what mystery or Neil are doing, let's face it but it helps them to get from A to B and that's what matters to them. If a numbers game works for them, good for them.

If you really know some other method or way, I would definitely like to hear it instead of simply hearing criticisms or negativity towards guys that have actually made a difference to their love life.



Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,053
Location: Where two great rivers meet

11 Oct 2012, 10:28 am

Kjas wrote:
Based on personal experience I highly doubt the 5 minute thing is accurate - nor was it routine or scripted. :razz:

*waits for him to work out the point in the last line of his own post*


Count yourself among the compatible people :D. Although that makes me wonder, do you enjoy small talk? Are you good at it?

One possible explanation is that MXH is targeting the sex based crowd :lol: going by the attractive topless pic, and the few info there would imply that he's not looking for anything serious. But asking is better than assuming :lol:

On methods... by this time I've internalized most of the stuff that worked for me and I felt comfortably with, so in the end I'm mostly myself while keeping asymetric attachment on my part in check, and only that would make for awfull advice :lol:. Although I could do some introspection and try :chin:


_________________
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. - Winston Churchill


MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,072
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

11 Oct 2012, 10:37 am

Shatbat wrote:
Kjas wrote:
Based on personal experience I highly doubt the 5 minute thing is accurate - nor was it routine or scripted. :razz:

*waits for him to work out the point in the last line of his own post*


Count yourself among the compatible people :D. Although that makes me wonder, do you enjoy small talk? Are you good at it?

One possible explanation is that MXH is targeting the sex based crowd :lol: going by the attractive topless pic, and the few info there would imply that he's not looking for anything serious. But asking is better than assuming :lol:

On methods... by this time I've internalized most of the stuff that worked for me and I felt comfortably with, so in the end I'm mostly myself while keeping asymetric attachment on my part in check, and only that would make for awfull advice :lol:. Although I could do some introspection and try :chin:


I have one profile that is more specific to the sex based crowd and one (okcupid) to the relationship crowd which shows more my personality and has no showofff pics. I did it purely to compare and contrast results. And yes, the eye candy does bring people inside. I just cant be assed to follow up or to contact anyone.

A routine wont get you anywhere. Its like trying to get your computer fixed over the phone. he person helping you is just going through a routine written down. He keeps throwing more stuff at you until something works. this is something that is very easy to pick up on and doesnt have nearly as big a chance to work as focusing that energy into building something positive out of your personality. For me, i chose comedy. it allows me not only to make a good impression, but based on what they find funny you can actually learn a lot about the other person. And in this way youre out there making people laugh, laughing yourself, having a good time. Not being out on some hunt.



MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,072
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

11 Oct 2012, 11:00 am

Wolfheart wrote:
For anyone interested in seeing the full version of my profile, here it is, it is now set to public:
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/zonemodel

The other profile is the one of my plenty of fish account and that's the point, you aren't meant to use many fancy adverbs or adjectives to describe your profile without expressing the quality otherwise you will just look like the tons of other guys who try to make themselves sound impressive.

Routines are good as a template but you should really learn to improvise and adapt to the dynamic and changing social situation. It's not meant to be used as a method but simply a guideline to go by.

As I have said before, the only pick up book I have written is the one by Richard La Ruina, I have never read a book by Neil Strauss, Mystery or anyone who might be related in their circle.

If it works, it works, sure, there's nothing overly skilled about what mystery or Neil are doing, let's face it but it helps them to get from A to B and that's what matters to them. If a numbers game works for them, good for them.

If you really know some other method or way, I would definitely like to hear it instead of simply hearing criticisms or negativity towards guys that have actually made a difference to their love life.


Some things about your profile. Ill be honest even with 6 pictures i have no idea what you look like. All of your pics are blurry, out of focus and in black and white. Then comes what youre showing in them, all i see is someone that was bored at home playing with instagram. especially since 2 of them are trying to show your abs. this works fine if thats all you have to self yourself on.
Following that, comes the written part of your profile. it sounds like a collection of cheesy pickup lines. it probably is a collection of cheesy pick up lines. ive yet to find one that would make sense to someone. and continuing down i saw this diamond in the rough
"- Honesty. Games are bs. They are the "I can't believe it's not butter" of the dating world."
really ironic, no?
at best you simply gave girls just enough to look at to get their attention and confused them to the point they have to talk to you to understand whats going on. Personally, its not the best of things to make yourself be.


ive been saying that since before you joined this forum. I also posted 3 of gamblers DVDs in the past (the stealth series). You know the problem with gambler? Hes not really a pua by what the field dictates they should be. Gambler is a lot more straight forward into the numbers game than believing in being a manipulator like mystery. But in the end both of their works will not give anything of value to anyone. It should not be taken farther than just the foundation. They dont work by themselves. What people really need is determination, and to stop looking for a needle in a haystack and try to look for hay in a haystack.

ive yet to say something negative about guys doing a positive influence. I do say plenty negative about the guys that deserve it.



Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,053
Location: Where two great rivers meet

11 Oct 2012, 11:11 am

I wonder if mods can see posts deleted by the users :lol: It would be worth to be one just to see what was there when my email notification sends me to "The requested topic does not exist" :lol:

Routines and scripts may not be the best word to describe what I do. It's more like a set of things I should do, in whichever order they come, questions to ask when it is relevant to do so, rules of thumb like not talking too much about a single topic or dropping hints about possible conversation topics to make it flow more naturally and other similarly small stuff. But as I said, my goal always is to get to the point where I'm in autopilot and truly enjoying the conversation, and doing stuff similar to what you described.


_________________
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. - Winston Churchill