Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 11:57 pm

I've been watching the View sporadically ever since Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck got into that dispute a few years back. When McCarthy was announced as a new host I wasnt sure how that was going to go, but she seems to be settling in. Shes even getting along better with Whoopi.

What is bugging me though is that whenever the topic of childhood disability comes up, she doesnt say much. I get that people want to protect their kids, but she is in the position of speaking about things like this. I dont know what her views are about vaccines and Im not really bothered about that. I'm just wondering what she might have to share about autism.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 11:00 pm

The Wikipedia article about her
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_McCarthy

Look at the "Autism activism" and "Objections to appointment on The View" sections

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 12:06 am

Yes, but most of the article shows concern for what she might say. But I haven't seen her say anything much since she joined the hosts. Not about autism or vaccines. Maybe Barbara put in her contract that she cant talk about it.
I think it could be a good discussion.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 11:01 pm

Other than being a vapid idiot who spreads dangerous misinformation?