songs:
-White rabbit (my favourite)
-somebody to love (my favourite 2)
-wooden ship
- "Heroes"
-life on Mars?
-space oddity
-pimball wizard

i'd like to pick up some more ideas about a new album or group to listen because i am obsessed by '60 psychedelic hippie rock but there is a whole world of amazing music

and the white knight is talking backwards
and the red queen is off with her head
remember what the dormouse said
feed your head, feed your head"

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

shyteddy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2017, 2:23 pm

PIgeek wrote:
mine are:

albums
-Surrealistic pillow - Jefferson airplane
-Volunteers - Jefferson airplane
-Who's next - The who
-by the way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
-"Heroes" - David Bowie

songs:
-White rabbit (my favourite)
-somebody to love (my favourite 2)
-wooden ship
- "Heroes"
-life on Mars?
-space oddity
-pimball wizard

i'd like to pick up some more ideas about a new album or group to listen because i am obsessed by '60 psychedelic hippie rock but there is a whole world of amazing music

There's so much amazing music in the world I'm not sure I could answer your question with a clear conscience... but I will try!

My favourite band is probably the American band "Dream Theater". They're known for making 20+ minute masterpieces in place of your average 3-4 minute mellody. Their longest song (also a great song) is called "Octavarium". But my favourite by them is probably "A Change of Seasons". Strictly speaking, it's an entire album, just made of one 22 minute long song. It's probably my favourite by them and introduced me also to my favourite poem. Perhaps give it a try?

BTW I also like 60's pscyhedlic rock and protometal, so if you have any, please recommend it to me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 2:55 pm

I would recommend "A Lighter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum. From 1967. Psychedelia.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2017, 3:16 am

My favourite song is Return to Innocence by Enigma. My favourite album is more difficult, but I'll go for Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie by Alanis Morissette.

Neither of those are my favourite artists, though. :) That would have to go to Loreena McKennitt and Bruce Springsteen.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2017, 4:28 am

My favorite album is Londinium by Archive.

I love all the songs on this album, I feel like this album was made for me, especially since it came out a month before I was born and we were both "released" :lol: on the 20th of our months.

These are my top 5 favorite songs in order

1. Darkroom
2. Last Five
3. Nothing Else
4. Londinium
5. So Few Words

PIgeek you should check them out if you like progressive and alternative rock. Their first album is trip hop but their later albums are more progressive and alternative rock with some trip hop and electronic influences. They're considered a hidden progressive rock gem, that some even compare to Pink Floyd and King Crimson.

Their albums You All Look The Same To Me, Lights, Noise, Lights, and Controlling Crowds are amazing. The full version of the songs Again and Lights are 16-18 minutes long and definitely worth it.

They're a pretty experimental band so none of their albums sound the same. I suggest you save Controlling Crowds for last since you seem more of a classic rock guy. Controlling Crowds has some heavy electronic and trip hop in it along with some songs having rap in it.

AnotherMrLizard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2017, 4:01 pm

my favourite album overall at the moment, although it changes, is The Meadowlands by The Wrens. it's a beautifully nostalgic alternative rock album with influences of midwest emo that contains both upbeat, hard-rocking numbers ('hopeless', 'everyone choose sides') and slow, contemplative tracks ('thirteen grand', 'she sends kisses'). the lyrics are very evocative, with both bluntness and abstraction regarding the fallout of a relationship gone wrong and the downsides of living in suburbia.

what cements it as an all-time favourite for me rather than just a great album is the penultimate track, '13 months in 6 minutes', which is potentially the most heartrending, beautiful song I have ever heard. the beautiful melodies and guitar tones drenched in hazy reverb both make me feel sad, and by the end strangely hopeful. even if the rest of the album might not be your thing, try out this track.

MontyAA2003
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2017, 4:38 pm

Album: Bad Omens self-titled
Song: Code Orange - I Am King

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would recommend "A Lighter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum. From 1967. Psychedelia.

I like "Homburg" from them even better

Other Acid/Psychedelic and early Progressive rock favorites from that era
The Nice - America

Traffic - Glad/Freedom Rider

Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues

Iron Butterfly - In A Gadda Da Vida

Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints

Cradle - Ted - Group consisted of Suzi Quatro and sisters and the song was about Ted Nugget a boyfriend of one of the sisters at the time

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman