Young teenage girl with Aspergers brutally beaten / UK

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 8:59 am

GRAPHIC & Anger inducing.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/16/autistic- ... rl-6452142

So another thing to add to making me angry. Just puts me off saying I even have ASD to people when stuff like this happens.

Anyway I sent this to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, hopefully they can perhaps include autism in their lectures in schools over here.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 6:26 pm

And the girl that did this is out on bail!!

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 10:23 pm

The article indicates the girls knew each other and that there was at least one other person involved in the attack who seems to have slipped away

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 3:07 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Yeah, it's sickening. The UK courts are too lenient on these absolute bastards. She should've been locked up since she probably very nearly killed the girl but cause she's young they won't. :|

cyberdad wrote:
The article indicates the girls knew each other and that there was at least one other person involved in the attack who seems to have slipped away

Yeah, that's why I believe the attack happened, because she was considered different. It doesn't take much for the kids over here to beat the crap out of each other from what I've noticed.

Autism on the whole should be under our hate crime laws I think, since we have a problem with people of any different subculture/group/whatever getting beat up or verbally harassed just from being slightly different. But this is why I sent it to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation for that very reason, with some hope maybe they will teach about it in schools here to prevent stuff like this from happening.

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2017, 7:45 am

Lunella wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Yeah, it's sickening. The UK courts are too lenient on these absolute bastards. She should've been locked up since she probably very nearly killed the girl but cause she's young they won't. :|

cyberdad wrote:

Yeah, that's why I believe the attack happened, because she was considered different. It doesn't take much for the kids over here to beat the crap out of each other from what I've noticed.

Autism on the whole should be under our hate crime laws I think, since we have a problem with people of any different subculture/group/whatever getting beat up or verbally harassed just from being slightly different. But this is why I sent it to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation for that very reason, with some hope maybe they will teach about it in schools here to prevent stuff like this from happening.

I agree. The picture of the girl's face after the attack was one of the most upsetting things I have seen for some time. Not only that, the bailed attacker has only been charged with attempted robbery rather than GBH or aggravated assault. Wtf? The fact that the attackers were both known to the victim makes it seem likely that she was specifically targeted due to her AS - or at least due to traits associated with it that made her vulnerable, which qualifies it as a bona fide hate crime in my view.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 9:37 am

^ It's disgusting, I hate our courts and even all of the sentencing is messed up for everything. Crappy prison time, some of the criminals shouldn't even be in prison they should be in a psyche ward but our courts refuse to acknowledge this.

The girl knew she had autism and was different so she did this which is a hate crime, yeah, it's nearly as bad as the Sophie murder except she was lucky and didn't die.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 6:26 pm

An attack on one of us Aspies is an attack on all of us. At that age, I was so trusting and unaware of danger posed by others that that could have been me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 12:48 am

It's horrible that hate crimes like that are still taking place in 2017. What's even worse is that the British cops are so lenient. I'm glad I live in Canada.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 3:59 am

Peace-Officers are supposed to be lenient in order to not incite unnecessary civil-unrest; The major issue in society is with these highly «compartmentalised» government-departments where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing, basically, one group/department is supposed to do a «job» of restraining those who are causing a disturbance to the peace of the land, then that group/department typically hands them to another group/department that does another function (neither of which knows much of what goes on with the other group/department), many of them not knowing how lawless the court-systems have become, letting people go who have murdered multitudes, whilst simultaneously punishing and holding hostage for MONTHS upon those who have committed NO crimes, and ALL of the judges and lawyers and attorneys and magistrates are IN on this insurrection-pushing, civil-unrest-inducing, round-everybody-up-into-FEMA-camps AGENDA (21).

I SHOULD know this, I have PERSONALLY seen, witnessed, and experienced it for myself, and in the U.S. it is actually BAD enough that if she weren't beaten by those pseudo-friends of hers, then the cops would probably have ended up beating her instead, thus it is a misplaced complaint that Peace-Officers are lenient. The perpetrators were obviously brought to jail, but the cops/police/peace-officers do not make the decisions as to whether the people they bring to these jails/prisons are released or not, the JUDGES (and to a lesser extent the sheriffs/jailers who hold people in the custody of the jails/prisons) make such decisions. You all need to just go to these court-rooms and sit in there yourself all day, listening to all of these cases that they hold, and if they start trying to approach you about why you're there then that's when you know they'll try to find some reason to jail/prosecute/imprison you for something (broken U.S. injustice-system where some dumb-ass American complains that you were «loitering» resulting in your being jailed for months and months and months on end).

CockneyRebel wrote:
It's horrible that hate crimes like that are still taking place in 2017. What's even worse is that the British cops are so lenient. I'm glad I live in Canada.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 8:04 pm

Can't bring myself to click the link.
Hope justice is done.