Might fail creative writing.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 8:21 am

Yeah, I was afraid this was going to happen. I'm great at writing short stories and poetry but when it comes to reviewing books and finding your own vocab works based on a REALLY HARD prefix given out, I haven't done that much. I'd rather reading an english manga of Ginga Densetsu Weed (Moderately violent anime about talking stray dogs) and write a report on it rather than actually read a literature book. I love doing my own material, I have no problem with that. Also, i'm confused by this one report my class is doing on Dante's Inferno. I was grouped up with a couple NT girls and we have to write our own twist of the "Wrathful and the Solemn" part with the river Styx and all that. Also, I write journal prompts in a very odd way with strong vocabulary but can never think of enough words for a full journal. Another thing is, I have to turn in a portfolio organized with my work. I missed some assignment and the majority of my vocabs (If not all of them) are incomplete. Oh well, at least I have my stories.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 9:43 am

make it fun, and don't overthink it.
about the styx, to hell with that report! :P hehhe. Make them dance or make it look like the modern world is hell on earth or anything, don't try to overthink about it.
If you love to make your own material, apply it to the dante's homework.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 11:17 am

I hope you pass it!

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 11:34 am

I had one book I absolutely hated when doing my Eng. lit. A level and eventually just told the teacher straight I was not going to write any more essays on it.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 1:33 pm

Word counts (as seems to be the case
with your journal) are such a bad idea.
Proper choice of words can greatly pare
down the amount of space needed for
a thought.