Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 3:58 pm

It is no wonder I'm spending my time tired right now, with school, extra people in my house (eight people), and being a little sick (As I often am) but before I start falling behind again, or end up shutting down again, any tips to keep up energy with out wearing down?

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2018, 4:36 pm

Engage in your special interests, stim, do things that you enjoy, etc. If you need to take a break, then try to communicate that. Maybe explain your situation to those around you if possible so that they understand and can accommodate.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 5:57 pm

Lots of coffee.

I'm just kidding, though :oops: Not a good idea if you're sick.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2018, 9:44 pm

Being sick doesn't help and mental health things can be positively exhausting.

Some things that you can do to help your energy is

Sleep, obviously.
Diet. Eating foods which will help with energy levels. Research, find what works for you.
Exercise. Seems counterintuitive, but exercise leads to higher energy levels

Do things you enjoy doing. Painting, writing, cooking. Chasing birds in the forest. Being chased by birds in the forest. Listening to music with the headphones on. Remember to do things for you.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2018, 6:56 am

I would second sleep and exercise as the two main things that need to be right.

You don't need to be going to the gym lifting weights or anything drastic as that - just a walk or something like that will do.

"Me time" is important too.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 8:26 am

harry12345 wrote:
I would second sleep and exercise as the two main things that need to be right.

You don't need to be going to the gym lifting weights or anything drastic as that - just a walk or something like that will do.

"Me time" is important too.

For the exercise bit, because I'm walking to school, I'm getting between 1.5 and 2 miles of walking in each way. So about four miles a day.

Sleep is harder for a few reasons, when I'm anxious going to sleep at all is hard, and I'm having a lot of dreams. Most of those dreams being about my mom nagging me, some disturbing ones I don't wish to share, and only a few fun ones, none of which are restful.

I'm taking quite a bit of time to focus on my special interests, but it doesn't seem to be enough. With so many people in the house I feel crowded no matter where I stand.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 8:45 am

Being around other humans is exhausting to me. I’ve found having hiding places helpful. My current favorite hiding place is an old chicken shed my parents use for storage. It locks from the inside & there is a hole cut in one wall big enough for the cats to come & go at will.

KrakenAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2018, 8:56 am

I like to take walks... it's good for exercising and it provides me with the needed alone time. While walking, I usually keep my mind busy by factorizing numbers for prime numbers, optimizing electronic circuits, visualizing radio propagation of the antennas I see along the way.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 8:58 am

It can help to keep lists to prioritize activities.

I find it helps to keep a bed time.

KrakenAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2018, 9:05 am

BTDT wrote:
It can help to keep lists to prioritize activities.

Lists... I just LOVE lists! Making a list of all my lists would probably be the next thing on my list 8)