Q'Anon supporting Islamophobe wins Georgia primary

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 4:02 am

QAnon Supporter Who Made Bigoted Videos Wins Ga. Primary, Likely Heading To Congress

Quote:
A Georgia Republican who has said that Muslims do not belong in government and expressed her belief in the baseless conspiracy theory called QAnon has won her primary runoff and is all but certain to win a seat in the House of Representatives in November.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, a construction executive, won 57% of the vote in Georgia's heavily-Republican 14th Congressional District, handily defeating neurosurgeon John Cowan, who had pitched himself as, "All of the conservative, none of the embarrassment."

President Trump congratulated Greene on Wednesday morning, calling her a "future Republican Star" who is "strong on everything."

Many high-ranking Republicans in the House of Representatives distanced themselves from Greene earlier this summer, after Politico highlighted videos in which Greene expressed anti-Muslim sentiments. A spokesman for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called her views "appalling."

Facebook took down an ad in which Greene brandished a rifle and threatened antifa protesters, saying it violated its policies against inciting violence. And many media outlets have covered her support for the outlandish QAnon conspiracy theory.

As Emma Hurt of member station WABE reports, "all of it only fueled her message."

"The fake news media hates me. Big Tech censors me," Greene said in a video on Twitter. "The DC Swamp fears me. And George Soros and the Democrats are trying to take me down."

In videos spotlighted by Politico, Greene called the election of two Muslim women to Congress "an Islamic invasion into our government."

In one video message, Greene acknowledged that U.S. laws protect freedom of religion — and then said, "but I'm sorry, anyone that is a Muslim, that believes in Sharia law, does not belong in our government."

"Let me explain something to you, Muhammad," she said in one video. "We already have equality and justice for all Americans. Muslims are not being held back in any way ... what you people want is special treatment. You want to rise above us."

Greene also said that generations of Black and Hispanic men have been held down by "being in gangs and dealing drugs," not by anything white people have done; that both white supremacists and members of the Black Lives Matter movement are "idiots"; and that in seeking the Black vote, Democrats are "trying to keep the Black people in a modern-day form of slavery."

Democrats are the real racists, Greene said, stating that "the most mistreated group of people in the United States today are white males."

Greene made national headlines in early June, after she won the first round of primary voting for her district and multiple news outlets covered her support for the QAnon conspiracy.

The once-fringe conspiracy has made inroads into the mainstream, with multiple GOP candidates expressing, at a minimum, openness to the QAnon narrative.

The conspiracy includes a wide variety of shifting and often-contradictory predictions and allegations, but it centers on an anonymous figure named "Q" who asserts that a wave of mass arrests are about to take down high-ranking Trump opponents.

Followers of "Q" often believe that the world is controlled by elite members of a secretive satanic child sex-trafficking ring.

"Q is a patriot, we know that for sure," Greene said in a video from 2017, in which she recapped some of Q's predictions and why she supports them.

"There's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles out, and I think we have the president to do it," she said, referring to Trump.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 4:06 am

"Where We Go 1, We Go All"

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 7:09 am

Turns out, the role of mass media was not only to manufacture consentband guide public attention, but also to create a national unity through selecting the topics worth discussing.

Individualized media has fractured this unity - a minority is inundated with a set of beliefs that the majority has barely heard of.
What could possibly go wrong...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 12:38 pm

Politics is the Art of Influencing
Human Emotions to Impact the
Decision Making Process of Reason
That 'Enriches' 'The Agent' of Politics;
Politics is Human
Nature As
Religion
is Same
Bonding and
Binding Over
Coming Symbols
Eliciting Emotions that
Glue Folks Together for Common
Aim in Meaning and Purpose to achieve the Aim.

Neuroscience Shows now that Humans are Not Rational Beings at Core.
Humans Experience Emotions First And Basically Hallucinate their Realities
Based on Realities They Manufacture out of Mind Before; Reasons We Create
As Symbols For Essence of Living that we 'Think' We Experience But Actually At Core Feelings Rule our Overall 'Breath'.

This is why Politics Requires no Empirical Truth to Exist/Work; Move The Emotions First, Reasons Count Last...

Obviously, Trump and
Other Psychopathic Leaning
Folks Play Other Folks In Lies they
Create As they go along as they are
the Conductor and the 'Minions' Sing off whatever
Sheet of Music the Conductor Provides as Symphony oF iGnorance In deed.

How do We Lift the Veils of
Ignorance off of what is not
Rational; Clue, Where i Live,
75 Percent of the Folks Still
Support Trump; All the Evidence one
Really Needs to Understand Humans are Not that Rational...

And Yes, Loads of Folks Who are So-called College Educated
even Support this 'Q-Anon' Alex Jones Bull Cr8p in Pizza Parlors,
Accused of Having Basements of Pedophiles in Basements that never existed at all;

Yet they still
Believe they
Exist; in Case,
if You Wonder How
'God' Manages to Pull
'A Dead Rabbit' Living Still out of Hats;
Same Religion; Same Politics; Overall, Same Philosophy,
The Hairless Ape is 'rational enough' now to Destroy the
Only Home They Are Evolved to Breathe in Now that is Real.

It Just goes to Show
Now there is a
More Dangerous
Kind of Virus With a so-called Mind;

The Virus oF iGnorance; Emotions with Tools to Destroy;
Culture is the Virus; Naked Humans Without Cultural Tools
are Loving as Bonobos without the same Kind of Killing tools..

But of course
they have no
Words to Lie;
That's A Problem,
to start off With As Words
make almost anything possible next;
Namely, Imaginative Lies, Death And
Destruction Nightmares at worst
But of course there is also
the 'Big Bang Theory
TV Show'; That
Was Kinda fun;
Hot Water For Baths;
AC; Toilet Paper; Yes, some advantages
of Human ViRuS CuLTuRES inDeed too;
But on Balance as far as All Nature on
Earth, Considered, this ViRuS S88KS.

Nature, Overall, won't allow
IT to exist Much Longer if it doesn't
get its act back in Naked Balance; butt
the Figure Head of Dark is currently still on Top...

Perhaps, there is Hope as a 'Goddess' ArriveS; hehe..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 4:13 pm

There are people in this country - almost whole regions, seemingly - who have consciously embraced a delusional mindset. The choice to just become crazy is a prime reason for the death of free government when it comes to politics and government, if there is a puppet master encouraging people to let themselves be installed with said puppet strings.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 6:42 pm

QAnon is just a modern Blood Libel. But then just about every conspiracy theory boils down to antisemitism. Lending any legitimacy to these crackpot theories is dangerous.
The lunatics are running the asylum over at the GOP it seems.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 4:12 pm

Without white supremacists and mentally ill conspiracy mongers the GOP would really struggle at the ballot box. Unfortunately the votes of the guano insane bigots count just as much as anyone else's.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う