Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:05 am

Do you think people will go back to not being woke and anti racist?

Do you think people will just go back to forgetting about minorities and act like with Trump out of office, all the white supremist Nazis Racists are all done being one now because their god is no longer ruling the country and the minorities are back to being all alone again without any support from whites?

Do you think people on this forum will go back to picking on the outcast again and singling them out? Would I be back to being ignored again and fnord derangement syndrome will start again? :lol:

Will I go back to being a "troll" again according to anyone here who thought of me as one in the past? :lol:

Do you think this forum will stop being split? Or has the damage already been done? :wink:

What do you think?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:11 am

League_Girl wrote:

Do you think people will just go back to forgetting about minorities and act like with Trump out of office, all the white supremist Nazis Racists are all done being one now because their god is no longer ruling the country and the minorities are back to being all alone again without any support from whites?

Do you think people on this forum will go back to picking on the outcast again and singling them out? Would I be back to being ignored again and fnord derangement syndrome will start again? :lol:

Will I go back to being a "troll" again according to anyone here who thought of me as one in the past? :lol:

Do you think this forum will stop being split? Or has the damage already been done? :wink:

What do you think?

I see no evidence that people are embracing Pr Joe Biden's plea for civility.
If anything, it seems to be getting worse. 8O

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:22 am

I expect that the world will continue spinning and night will follow day, and bigots and bleeding hearts will continue doing what they have always done. I don't think the world will change that much.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 5:23 am

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What do you think?

I have found it quite insightful, seeing people's true character revealed as their "team" gains the ascendency...Not a pleasant sight, but certainly informative.

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 5:24 am

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What do you think?

I saw a big Trump is gone celebration on Twitter. Just look at the hashtag. And I saw some people saying things like "Trump is gone does not mean it's over, we still have racism in society" and "people being happy that Trump is gone as if it's all over."

I also saw happiness for Biden being in office.

Only on Twitter where the wokes and social justice hang out.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 5:52 am

League_Girl wrote:

NO

League_Girl wrote:

No, the country is getting more diverse al the time.

League_Girl wrote:

fnord derangement syndrome will always be around

League_Girl wrote:

I never thought of you as being a troll.

League_Girl wrote:

WP has always been split, why stop now?

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 6:34 am

It probably won't make much of a difference on WP, especially since there are a lot of non-Americans here. In real life, however, minority rights movements might stop being as "in" in USA since some people might not see as much need for them with Trump out.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 9:38 am

The era of bashing president Trump is over. Now begins the era of bashing president Biden. I'll be sure to help.

I feel like some will be less 'woke' and move on, but in all I would say Trump's presidency galvanized anti-racism and anti-nationalism in a way that won't go away overnight.

There will naturally be the complacent ones who supported BLM and other causes who will, now that Trump is out, declare victory and go home, so to speak. I'm sure there will be plenty who only considered white and christian nationalism as problems because there was a right-wing nationalist in office.

But on the whole, this experience is going to leave the left feeling vindicated and emboldened. Good.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν
Those in positions of power do what their power permits, while the weak have no choice but to accept it.

- Thucydides

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:30 pm

What I would expect would be a return to the steady din of political bickering that existed forever prior to Trump, in society in general, and on this site, since the beginning. Rather than the pumped up debate on steroids that existed during the 16 campaign and during the Trump years.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 6:59 pm

Humans, indeed, Are Wired As They Go In Neuroplastic And Epigenetic ways;

And In the Case of Trump, His Overall Behavior Inspires Both Those Against
And For Him Into 'Armed Conflict Mode'; So, Yeah, It's True, In A Way, for Folks Who Pay
Attention to the Politics oF it, For Now At Least, they May Be More Wired for Armed Conflict...

Meh, i Feed my Self A Steady
Diet of Social Empathic Love Through the
DaY in Spiritual FlesH and Blood All The Way...
With Many Supporting FRiEnDS THiS Way...

Day

To

Day

Oh Sweet Lord And Such As That Again

It's What Ya Do, So Ya Don't get Out of

Balance
On More
oF A Narrow
Path of Life; Yin And
Yang As 'They' Dance And Sing True...

It's Like the 'CowBoy' From Deep Southern States
On CNN Disillusioned That Trump Didn't
Destroy all the 'Libs' Replied finding

Out He Was Duped
By CueAnon Non-Sense,
What's Next, He Literally

Had No Idea What To

Do Next;

His Religion

Found... Him in Meaning
And Killing Enemies Purpose; Then All Becomes Lost;

God Yes, Poof, Just Like This, All The Lies Disappeared...

Anyway, South American Native Rain Forest Indians
Are Similar; Some Raised For Warrior Epigenetics and
Neuroplasticity Wiring Doing the Cannibal Thingie And Such
As That; And Others Just So Peaceful, Not Much Different Than Small

Homogenous
Tribes Still

of Bonobos Now..

'Midnight Cowboy' Life

When Folks Are Struggling

In Poverty of Stuff And Soul

Of Meaning and Purpose With

Little Real Deep Soul State of Being

So Vulnerable They are to A Traveling

Snake Oil-Sales Person in All the ways That

Comes or Perhaps on the Net Just Looking For

Some Kind of Argument now to Generate A Bit of

Neurohormones to Just Keep going some more now...

True, Different Ways to Get All Turned on a bit to Breathe Some More

Again, So Many Ways too, to Be Prostituted Out to Someone Else's 'Midnight Cowboy' Story...

Like A Sad Whistling Melancholic Dance And Song Somewhere 'Tween Midnight And Dawn...

Just

Trying

To Find Some
Way to continue to Breathe...

Perhaps Finding A Better Day

For A More Happy Dance And Song of Soul... Hmm...

Just

Hmm... Things

That make Ya go Hmm...

To Break Out into Joyous Dance

And Song of Philosophy too...

DarK

Thru LiGHT

Just All So iNSPiRinG NoW...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 1:56 pm

I think the USA will experience less overt racism and hate crimes under the Biden administration vs the uptick under trump. The orange guy’s nasty rhetoric and dog whistles emboldened hateful people to act on their hate - hence the uptick in hate crimes. Starting on day one Biden is doing things from a federal leadership standpoint that set the tone for tolerance, acceptance, & peaceful unity. Nutters won’t be getting all wound up by trump rallies anymore & federal leadership will call for civility - so, IMO, things will improve. There will be fewer hate crimes, lynchings, murders trans people etc. A change of example at the top has a ripple effect all the way down to Joe Average citizen. Same same in any organization whether a small business or a large country. Statistical evidence will back up my claims as time goes on and Americans become less horrible to each other over the next 4-8 years.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:59 pm

I think things will get a little worse because feelings of ableism will start to rise. More abortions = more ableism. Than, again ableism is nothing new to America. I just feel that it's too bad that it has to exist.

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 1:14 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think things will get a little worse because feelings of ableism will start to rise. More abortions = more ableism. Than, again ableism is nothing new to America. I just feel that it's too bad that it has to exist.

I don't think that will be the case, there will not be a big increase in abortions, it is just a focus on that the ones that are done are accessible. I know you don't like the idea in general but no one is trying to just increase abortions, its more a matter of just making it accessible if a women finds that to be the best option.

And also some of the anti-abortion legislation could make it difficult for cases where a woman does want to have a baby, but something goes wrong and she has to abort for health reasons. Like they could force people who end up with a problematic pregnancy to die from childbirth. I just think the best thing for abortion is if you don't want to have one don't, but let other people alone with it. I mean Joe Biden is a catholic and so he probably is not so into abortion, but I doubt he will pass legislation to prevent it.

But I know you identify as male so maybe you are not thinking of all the risks and things pregnancy involves from a woman's perspective.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 1:46 am

I don't think things will change much in that regard, and if they do, not overnight. However, the orange ape isn't fanning the flames anymore, so at least the fire probably won't get any worse. Of course, we have to see what his cult will do in the coming months. They've been pretty pathetic lately, but complacency wouldn't be wise given what happened on January 6th.