Officer runs away leaving gun victim to deal with man

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 7:53 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The American Left has got what they wanted an ineffective and cowed police force so that anarchy may reign.

Are you saying: "They made their bed, and now they can sleep in it"?
Oh, my.
How unfortunate. 8O

Yes, I was being facetious. :P

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 8:31 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The American Left has got what they wanted an ineffective and cowed police force so that anarchy may reign.

I don't support defunding the police. Holding them accountable is a better option using bodycams and proper independent review processes that don't have a conflict of interest e.g. the precinct coving up dirty cops. This is no different to the catholic church being accountable for child abuse,

Why anyone would object to more protection for civilians is bizarre and reflects a sick mind.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 11:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Are you saying: "They made their bed, and now they can sleep in it"?
Oh, my.
How unfortunate. 8O

Yes, I was being facetious. :P

It seems that the 3 most vocal enthusiast groups for "defund police" movements are:
Those who have\can afford private security.
Those who receive private\government security due to their employment.
Those who engage in activities which police are employed to prevent.

Those most likely to be negatively affected by "defunded police" are the poorer sections of the community who lack the funds for private security (either individually, or even pooled through their communities), and so are reliant on the police for their protection.