cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 9:43 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kamala is ready to take the helm in case anything happens, the country and free world is in safe hands.

That opinion is based on what, exactly? Kamala's tecord record as attorney general in California is beyond horrible. Biden was one of the authors of the infamous 1994 crime bill during Bill Clinton's administration. He also was heavily in favor of deregulating Wall Street. Also, he voted in favor of the Iraq War and every other war since.

That's just a start. I'm really curious why you have such an opinion about two such horrible corporate Democrats.

what has that got to do with either of their capacity to run the country? Trump inc. has a deplorable record going back to Trump's numerous bankruptcies (and shareholders jumping out of buildings) and students losing their lifesavings when he closed his ramshackle trump university. But that didn't stop 75 million of your fellow Americans thinking he could steer their country.

Steering a country is easy. Steering it in a direction that benefits the people, rather than a ruling class, is another matter. Neither major party is doing that.

Which is precisely my point, Trump demonstrated that "anybody" can be POTUS. There is no longer any "minimum qualification".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 10:38 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kamala is ready to take the helm in case anything happens, the country and free world is in safe hands.

That opinion is based on what, exactly? Kamala's tecord record as attorney general in California is beyond horrible. Biden was one of the authors of the infamous 1994 crime bill during Bill Clinton's administration. He also was heavily in favor of deregulating Wall Street. Also, he voted in favor of the Iraq War and every other war since.

That's just a start. I'm really curious why you have such an opinion about two such horrible corporate Democrats.

*cough* hyperpartisanship *cough* :mrgreen:

Well, that's the way it is. Most people are living in a dream world where politics are concerned. They want to believe so badly that their team is good and righteous. But they just don't have a clue.

As if Trump and Pence were sterling examples of morality and competence.

What do Trump and Pence have evenly remotely to do with the conversation?

The implication is that Biden and Harris' predecessors offered something better.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 10:41 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

what has that got to do with either of their capacity to run the country? Trump inc. has a deplorable record going back to Trump's numerous bankruptcies (and shareholders jumping out of buildings) and students losing their lifesavings when he closed his ramshackle trump university. But that didn't stop 75 million of your fellow Americans thinking he could steer their country.

Steering a country is easy. Steering it in a direction that benefits the people, rather than a ruling class, is another matter. Neither major party is doing that.

Biden got an infrastructure bill through, which will benefit the whole country. I seem to recall Trump never succeeded in that. That's some pretty decent steering on Biden's part.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well, that's the way it is. Most people are living in a dream world where politics are concerned. They want to believe so badly that their team is good and righteous. But they just don't have a clue.

Did anyone here suggest that?

I don't know much about Pence, but wasn't he the guy that gave Trump the finger when Trump wanted Pence to delay the process at Capitol Hill? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:19 am

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It is easy to criticise the incumbent government.
Biden's administaration is a shocker, though. 8O

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:27 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Did anyone here suggest that?

I don't know much about Pence, but wasn't he the guy that gave Trump the finger when Trump wanted Pence to delay the process at Capitol Hill? :scratch:

Yes, Pence did finally retrieve his testicles from Trump, but only after learning from from Dan Quail that there was no cheating to rob Trump.
But, besides being a Trump sycophant for his four year term, as governor of Indiana, he had allowed his religious prejudices to end programs meant for fighting AIDS. He's not a good person.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, Pence did finally retrieve his testicles from Trump.

I wouldn't be so sure.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... n-barrasso

Pence is still a rather pathetic individual

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

He stopped the coup, god damn it!
What does a person have to do to please you people? :roll: :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:44 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

He did but it makes me cringe seeing him suck up to a man who was celebrating people proclaiming "hang Mike Pence"

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:49 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

He did but it makes me cringe seeing him suck up to a man who was celebrating people proclaiming "hang Mike Pence"

OMG!
You took what I said seriously? 8O 8O 8O

"Read my lips!"
There was no coup...
There was no coup attempt...

<sigh>

I need a vacation. :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:52 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

OMG!

"Read my lips!"
There was no coup...

<sigh>

Oh ok, your sarcasm flew right over my head Pepe

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:04 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

OMG!

"Read my lips!"
There was no coup...

<sigh>

Trump riled up the mob to terrify the congress into revoking the will of the American people, so he could remain President. We know there was a war room where Trump's minions thought they could get red state governors to appoint Pro-Trump electors to change the electoral vote in his favor. Sounds like a coup to me, though obviously a very stupid one. As I've said before, Trump and his people could never be accused of being rocket scientists.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sounds like a coup to me, though obviously a very stupid one. As I've said before, Trump and his people could never be accused of being rocket scientists.

We live in a world where comedians sound like politicians and politicians sound like a running joke

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sounds like a coup to me, though obviously a very stupid one. As I've said before, Trump and his people could never be accused of being rocket scientists.

We live in a world where comedians sound like politicians and politicians sound like a running joke

Indeed.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 5:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

OMG!

"Read my lips!"
There was no coup...

<sigh>

Trump riled up the mob to terrify the congress into revoking the will of the American people, so he could remain President. We know there was a war room where Trump's minions thought they could get red state governors to appoint Pro-Trump electors to change the electoral vote in his favor. Sounds like a coup to me, though obviously a very stupid one. As I've said before, Trump and his people could never be accused of being rocket scientists.

A strange coup. :scratch:
But then, that spear was "razer sharp". :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 1:56 pm

^^^
Didn't need to be sharp, just a scary mob.