CNN trying to find out why people trust Rogan over them

Page 1 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 2:26 pm

This is hilarious! CNN is trying to get to bottom of why Rogan is more popular that their s**t corporate news network.

You can't make this stuff up, folks!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 6:58 pm

You'd think they'd be concerned about why most people prefer other networks, being their direct competition, rather than looking at why people prefer unrelated media...

Quote:
More liberals watch Fox News than CNN, new data has found as the station ends 2021 as the number one news channel for the sixth year running.

Fox hauled 29 percent of the liberal audience compared to 24 percent for CNN, according to averages from April to August. MSNBC captured the majority of liberals with a 46 percent share.

A whopping 62 percent of the conservative audience was held by Fox, compared to 24 percent for MSNBC and just 14 percent for CNN, according to data from Nielson/MRI Fusion.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10342591/Fox-News-watched-Democrats-CNN.html

There's also some interesting details about how many people watch various shows across different time-slots (comparing Fox, CNN, and MSNBC) at https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/monday-feb-14-scoreboard-fox-news-has-12-most-watched-shows-on-cable-news/501103/.

It looks like CNN has more to worry about than a single podcaster...

“It's scary how betrayal can never let you trust that person again.” - Garima Soni

"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 6:30 am

Podcasts, Substack,etc are mainstream media's competition.

It is mostly if not all about liking the person giving the information not the expertise of the person giving the information. From what I gather Rogan presents his podcast in a way that it sounds like a night out at the mellow neighborhood pub discussing things with a couple of friends.

As for CNN, liberal/progressive radio and TV have rarely worked. This goes back to at least the '90s, anybody remember 'Air America'?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 7:51 pm

Rogan appeals to the least common social denominators: the uneducated, the paranoiac, and people who used to enjoy the illusion of superiority over anyone who was not a white male evangelical (e.g., “Bible-thumping”) Christian lunatic.

CNN appeals to educated people who have learned to think for themselves and ignore the ravings of uneducated, paranoiac, white male evangelical (e.g., “Bible-thumping”) Christian lunatics.[/color]

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 8:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

CNN appeals to educated people who have learned to think for themselves

Ha,ha, ha! Damn! I thought you didn't have a sense of humor, but you are proving me wrong. Holy s**t!

No, CNN is a propaganda news network that carries water for the political establishment. Joe Rogan is a podcaster who doesn't claim to be a a journalist or an expert on any topic, he just has guests on with varying opinions.

You are a funny, funny dude!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 8:52 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

Ha,ha, ha! Damn! I thought you didn't have a sense of humor, but you are proving me wrong. Holy s**t!

No, CNN is a propaganda news network that carries water for the political establishment. Joe Rogan is a podcaster who doesn't claim to be a a journalist or an expert on any topic, he just has guests on with varying opinions.

And Rogan isn't propaganda for the uneducated, the bigoted, and the purposely ignorant?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 9:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

And Rogan isn't propaganda for the uneducated, the bigoted, and the purposely ignorant?

He's a podcaster who doesn't claim to be a journalist. It's entertainment. CNN on the other hand, claims to be a news network that has been caught out for endless lies.

How hard is that to understand?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:00 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

He's a podcaster who doesn't claim to be a journalist. It's entertainment. CNN on the other hand, claims to be a news network that has been caught out for endless lies.

Yet millions of the simple minded cling to his every word, like they do with Trump and Jones.
And for the record, I'll trust CNN long before I trust those phony messiahs.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

Yet millions of the simple minded cling to his every word, like they do with Trump and Jones.

Even though CNN has been caught out for lying and spreading disinformation? It's not an either/or situation in my mind. You should never trust any source blindly. It's important to do your own research.

The point of this whole story is the hilarity of CNN trying to figure out who nobody trusts them when they carry water for the political establishment 24/7.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:43 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

Even though CNN has been caught out for lying and spreading disinformation? It's not an either/or situation in my mind. You should never trust any source blindly. It's important to do your own research.

The point of this whole story is the hilarity of CNN trying to figure out who nobody trusts them when they carry water for the political establishment 24/7.

As if Rogan, Trump, Jones, Carlson, and the rest of the unthinking man's sources of information haven't been caught lying.
Just what has CNN been caught lying about, specifically? Is it possible that their sources were just wrong?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

As if Rogan, Trump, Jones, Carlson, and the rest of the unthinking man's sources of information haven't been caught lying.
Just what has CNN been caught lying about, specifically? Is it possible that their sources were just wrong?

Well, we're engaged in another circular conversation. You're never going to understand that CNN and all MSM outlets are owned by about six corporations and a dozen or so billionaires, and they are invested in maintaining the oligarchic system in which we live.

One recent example of CNN lies is the Ivermectin BS they peddled. I'd be up the rest of the night providing more examples, but you would find a way to be an apologist for every one of them.

Lumping Rogan in with Trump, Alex Jones, and Tucker Carlson is utterly ridiculous, since Rogan has voices on his podcast from all points along the political and social spectrum. And AGAIN, he is not touting himself as a source for news.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:36 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]

Well, we're engaged in another circular conversation. You're never going to understand that CNN and all MSM outlets are owned by about six corporations and a dozen or so billionaires, and they are invested in maintaining the oligarchic system in which we live.

One recent example of CNN lies is the Ivermectin BS they peddled. I'd be up the rest of the night providing more examples, but you would find a way to be an apologist for every one of them.

Lumping Rogan in with Trump, Alex Jones, and Tucker Carlson is utterly ridiculous, since Rogan has voices on his podcast from all points along the political and social spectrum. And AGAIN, he is not touting himself as a source for news.

I'm still not going to depend on Rogaine (my head is shaved, too, so I can call him that) for any degree of legitimate information.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:38 am

hey bro, ^ if u think of any nicknames for dr phil please let me know

i havent watched any Rogan since live fear factor, but CNN are such dorks, Coumo and the pooper scooper, f**k off lol

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:54 am

I'm going back through my posts and I can't find anything that I've said that suggests you should rely on anyone for your information.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 3:10 am

I classify Rogan the same way as other entertainment hosts. He's entertaining.

But I don't get medical or life advice from Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmell. Likewise....

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 3:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
I classify Rogan the same way as other entertainment hosts. He's entertaining.

But I don't get medical or life advice from Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmell. Likewise....

That's a wise policy. But don't get medical advice from MSM either.

Oscar Meyer Lansky