Do you care more about your physical health or your mental/

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 10:33 pm

emotional health?

For me, right now, my mental health. My stupid mother STILL doesn't understand that. She'd tie me up or lock me up or have me arrested or rat on me or anything that she might think would protect me physically, regardless of what it did to me mentally/emotionally for the f*****g rest of my life. I'm so scared of her right now. She has the potential to ruin my life.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 12:14 pm

Ana54 wrote:
emotional health?

For me, right now, my mental health. My stupid mother STILL doesn't understand that. She'd tie me up or lock me up or have me arrested or rat on me or anything that she might think would protect me physically, regardless of what it did to me mentally/emotionally for the f***ing rest of my life. I'm so scared of her right now. She has the potential to ruin my life.
psycicall..since we all all "sick" anyway regarding to nt,s ---oops bit off topic

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 12:35 pm

Sounds somewhat like my mother?

I care for both equally. There's a saying that goes 'in a healthy body resides a healthy soul'*.
I found this true for me because I can only function well when I feel well - and to feel like this, my body and mind must be fine at the same time. So when I'm relaxed and happy, I usually take a bath too for example.

*This would be an incorrect translation of the latin original (mens sana in corpore sano), but it has become a saying on its own already and it's true anyway.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2008, 2:13 pm

I care about my physical health most. My mental health i dont believe is so wrong.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 2:25 pm

physical health, i always have something going on with me. i do care about my mental health, like for instance trying to find ways to better direct my autism so it doesn't stop me as much, but just right now I'm more concerned about how i am physically doing.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 3:20 pm

I would rather be in a wheelchair and have limited access with my limbs but have a very healthy mentality. I hope that isn't the case to have a good mental state, but my body is less important to me then how happy I am.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

13 Mar 2008, 3:54 pm

Right now, my physical health.

I had to have a blood test last week and I'm still waiting for the results.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 4:10 pm

Neither,am too easy going and too busy living in own mind most of the time to care.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 4:35 pm

at the moment I'm focusing on my mental health more than physical health (the latter is currently fine), I need to sort out what's going on up there, despite the damage being done already

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

13 Mar 2008, 4:45 pm

Health is health; I do not draw distinction between physical and mental health; we are complex, holistic systems, and to focus on any part of us to the exclusion of other parts will lead to no useful end.

A healthy mind encourages a healthy body; a healthy body supports a healthy mind. Just words, I know, but I suspect that there is more than a dash of truth in them; the hardest part of this cycle is finding an apt place to jump on, since the cycle has neither beginning nor end.

Why is it that one of the most fundamentally effective treatments for depression is physical exercise and fresh air? Hmm.

Good fortune,

- Icarus treats depression with mountains…

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 4:48 pm

I care more about my mental/emotional health, at this moment.

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2008, 4:58 pm

I don't think I'm very good at caring about my healt that much, but I try to think a bit about my physical healt, at least.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 5:08 pm

i care a lot about improving my physical ability (cardio, strength, etc) for my sport and i put a lot of effort into that and sickness prevents me from going as intensly so i don't like that, but i'm much more concerned about my mental health. I'd rather be sick than depressed.

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 7:36 pm

Physical. An intact mind means little in a wrecked body.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 9:03 pm

I'm old enough that physical health is pretty important. I have yet to hear someone actually die of embarrassment...

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 6:25 am

pakled wrote:
I'm old enough that physical health is pretty important. I have yet to hear someone actually die of embarrassment...

You'd better believe it happens all the time.