New Star Wars movie coming out this summer (its animated)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 582
Location: Retroville

20 Apr 2008, 5:57 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PrWaNsP-Twk&feature=related[/youtube]



JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jul 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,023
Location: Woodbridge, VA

20 Apr 2008, 9:32 pm

This is the animated series of the clone wars not a movie. Lucas has already stated no more movies in 07 Star Wars Convention just a live action and animated series for TV.


_________________
"You are the stars and the world is watching you. By your presence you send a message to every village, every city, every nation. A message of hope. A message of victory."- Eunice Kennedy Shriver


SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,915
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

20 Apr 2008, 9:40 pm

It looks a bit too video game-ish.


_________________
"Lightning is but a flicker of light, punctuated on all sides by darkness." - Loki


eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 579
Location: Irvine, CA

21 Apr 2008, 3:21 am

JerryHatake wrote:
This is the animated series of the clone wars not a movie. Lucas has already stated no more movies in 07 Star Wars Convention just a live action and animated series for TV.


You're mostly right. However the first 3 episodes of the new CGI clone wars show are being combined and given a theatrical release this summer, and then the show is supposed to start airing sometime this fall.



DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,719
Location: The Silver Devastation

21 Apr 2008, 7:06 am

Ugh...we've been in the Clone Wars for six years. :roll:

Besides, I'm tired of seeing them screw around with Star Wars. I'm thinking of just abandoning all my knowledge of the series and then just sticking with the Original Trilogy.



ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 854

23 Apr 2008, 9:35 pm

DejaQ wrote:
Besides, I'm tired of seeing them screw around with Star Wars. I'm thinking of just abandoning all my knowledge of the series and then just sticking with the Original Trilogy.


8O By some kind of Frankenstein style brain transplant kind of thing? hehe.

Admittedly the Clone Wars did not have the best animation around. (Actually I didn't bother with them.)

It would have to be quite well animated to get my interest, to be honest. I'm a little Star Wars'd out.


_________________
"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune."


Scorpio82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 174
Location: Vancouver, BC

23 Apr 2008, 10:07 pm

I sort of liked the original animated series, but I'm all Clone Wars'd out. I generally eat, sleep, and breathe CGI, but this one really looks unappealing to me. Probably the fact that all the characters look like they're made out of cardboard.

I'd sooner they made that Chewbacca/Jar Jar buddy cop movie I've been waiting for.



MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,187
Location: Chatham

24 Apr 2008, 12:56 pm

I don't think an animated film of Star Wars would work in my opinion I may be wrong but we will have to see.



D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,587

24 Apr 2008, 5:59 pm

:roll:
YAWN



DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,719
Location: The Silver Devastation

27 Apr 2008, 10:17 am

ping-machine wrote:
DejaQ wrote:
Besides, I'm tired of seeing them screw around with Star Wars. I'm thinking of just abandoning all my knowledge of the series and then just sticking with the Original Trilogy.


8O By some kind of Frankenstein style brain transplant kind of thing? hehe.


More like sticking my fingers in my ears and singing really loudly when someone mentions the prequels / EU. :P