Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How Much Do You Make?
I'm an Adult on Public Assistance 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
I'm an Adult and Unemployed 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
I'm an Adult and make less than $14.50 USD/Hour 29%  29%  [ 18 ]
I'm an Adult and make less than $20.01 USD/Hour but more than $14.49 USD/Hour 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
I'm an Adult and make more than $20.00 USD/Hour 37%  37%  [ 23 ]
I'm Retired and not on Public Assistance 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 62

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 5:15 am

from XE.com,
1 USD = 1.19590 AUD or 1 AUD = 0.836190 USD
1 USD = 0.498925 GBP or 1 GBP = 2.00431 USD

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 6:22 am

KBABZ wrote:
Smelena wrote:
I make $30/hour (Australian dollars) - don't know what that is in US dollars ??? probaly $15/year.

$15/hour, you mean.

Didn't you know that aussie money is in the tank recently?

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 6:28 am

The last poll question WAS going to be "I'm still a student, and expect to get a skilled job". Unfortunately, it turns out that field wasn't put in the poll. At least things aren't QUITE as bad as some indicated.

And YEAH, there have been times I have even RISKED MY JOB because of some misplaced sense of honor, etc.... At my current job, I couldn't get a certain position because they didn't think I was good with people. The person in that job, however, is not doing well at all. If I was in that position, I bet 30% more would have been done, etc.... But I don't push him hard. YEAH, if I wasn't there, he probably would have done 30% less than he is now. I also don't talk about it to others. 8-(

Anyway, I got into things like that, because I used to be TOO blunt and honest. Unfortunately, todays society doesn't accept such things. I really had to get rid of that. I remember talking to my 6th grade teacher (11 YO) in a blunt manner. HECK, I even said some things to my last employer that were blunt. But it seems like each year I was less blunt. TODAY? Well, on friday I interviewed a person for 20 minutes and, because I am HORRIBLE at terminating conversations, may have spoken for another 20 minutes. After the first question I should have said FORGET IT! The LAST question was the ONLY one he got PARTIALLY right. THAT is because he remembered a concept he had to have drumed into him for a specialty he studied in college, and it covered this a little! Oh yeah, what about the OTHER questions? He didn't even really ATTEMPT to answer them. OK, he answered ONE other, but it was wrong also.

My attitude USED to be WHO CARES, this is the way I am and I like it. NOW, my attempt is to be as honest as possible. I won't lie even to sell, but on some things I may not call attention to negatives.

Steve

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 7:26 am

The minimum age to get a fulltime job here in Australia is 15 and to correct in the US it is 14 for a part-time job and 16,17 or 18 depending on the state. Anyway at the moment I am on the Disability support pension (SII in the USA) but have earned up to $1200 bi-weekly in the past.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 7:32 am

I'm 28, and I have had two jobs since leaving university at 21 - one was a part-time retail job which lasted five months before I quit, having been reduced to a quivering wreck (God, that was a bad idea... mind you, it was years before I knew I was Aspie, so it's kinda understandable. I needed money, and fast, so I took the first job available to me), and the other, which I'm still at, is a Civil Service job for the British tax office, at which I've stayed for just under three years. Which I'm also thinking is a bad idea, since it pays crappily, surrounds me with people I'm growing to hate more and more every day, and makes me progressively more and more unhappy.

So yeah. In summary: in employment, crappily paid, want to leave.

martin_nyc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2007, 7:39 am

I'm not sure how to reply, I'm salaried.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2007, 7:44 am

When I worked in the local supermarket at home I was on £5.56 an hour (I don't know the dollar conversion).

When I worked freelance in animation I was paid per job, usually around £300ish, but when you divide that by the number of hours I would work for that money, I was on pittence per hour.

Now i'm a student, technically unemployed, and attempting to sell a painting or two when I can, which nets me very little.

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2007, 9:17 am

None of the above.

I've been lucky as I've served in the Navy for 8 1/2 years and now I'm a full time student expecting to graduate in Spring of 08, hopefully with a nice job lined up. I nice job that lets me have my own space!
Technically we are below the poverty level but my husband has recieved a scholoarship to UF. We plan on doing well in the future.
I am 29 and my husband is 36. Most people our age have it together already. (Well not everybody but you know what I mean)
We are "late bloomers".
I'm AS(supposedly), my husband is not.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 9:19 am

I make $8.46/hr. and work 19 hours per week. I hope someday to have a full-time job. I have been working nearly five years at my local public library and love it. I can't wait for the new library to be completed in 2008.

22 Apr 2007, 9:34 am

None of the above. I make $8.86 an hour.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 10:32 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
RedMage wrote:
Whoa. I have never had a job, due to my age.

What is the minimum age to get a job where you are?

Here in the U.S., the minimum age is 16.

Tim

It's actually fourteen, with working papers. My first "real" job (besides baby-sitting or cat-sitting) was working at a library when I was fifteen for $5.15 an hour.

The most I've ever made an hour was $11 an hour, working as a temp at a cable distribution company last summer. Now I'm a grad student and I get a stipend from the university of $15,500 per year.

Last edited by LostInSpace on 22 Apr 2007, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

22 Apr 2007, 10:36 am

$15NZ a week (that's $30US), but it's not really applicable since it's not from a job, but from a savings account.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 10:53 am

martin_nyc wrote:
I'm not sure how to reply, I'm salaried.

OK, just divide the yearly salary by 2080!

Steve

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 11:21 am

I am a mechanical engineer and make $80,000 (US) a year which is $43.27 an hour. The hourly rate is actually less since I work about 60 hours a week.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 11:24 am

Exactly $620 a month.

I'm on disability. And even though it's nice to recieve that money, it's the bare minimum of what you need to keep you alive. It'd be nice to go to the dentist or a chiropracter.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 11:34 am

I have been employed here and there for most of my adult life..mostly low-wage part-time jobs....right now, I work for my self-employed boyfriend....internet business...and help run Super Happy Fun Land....had a custom sock creature business, but got to be too stressful....I don't get a wage, but I am about to get insurance again.

In the past I have gone thorugh multiple jobs since i was 15.